In the heart of the Santa Maria district, Casa Orsini di Roma now houses the bank Banca Agricola Mantovana and has returned to its original splendour thanks to the restoration work carried out in 1970. Dating back to the 15th century, it is one of the oldest historical buildings in the town. Casa Orsini with the garden behind it was bought in 1661 by the aristocratic Milanese family Orsini di Roma. The east wing of the building which dates back to the 15th century was annexed at a later date. It appears to be in the typical Neoclassical style with six large windows in a row underlined by cornices and decorative elements. The entrance doorway is a bugnato, and surmounted by a wrought iron bannister. Inside there are many large rooms and galleries which were a suitable backdrop for the diplomatic encounters and social events held by the Orsini family.