The historic abode of the Visconti di Modrone family, today a part has been renovated under the supervision of the Superintendence for the National Heritage. The complex which encloses the castle was bought by private parties and is currently undergoing restoration. There is no precise construction date for the castle of Cassino. Documents from around the year 1000, mention, in the context of transfer of inheritance, property situated in the place of casinae scanasane and the existence of a fortified rural construction is documented as early as the 11th century, but its presence in the territory dates back to the late feudal period. In the 15th century the castle was restored and the entire village became a sort of fortified farm. In the early years of the 16th century, the complex was purchased by the Trivulzio family who changed its image utterly. It was transformed from a “castrum” into a country home with the construction of cylindrical towers which are still visible. In 1836 it was bought by the Visconti di Modrone family, returning to prominence during the 18th century when it played a key role in the great agrarian changes in the Milan lowlands. The three storey building is roughly square with irregular walls built from brick.