Church of San Gerolamo
It is thought to have been built in the first half of the 15th century. The first mention of the church is in 1475 at which time it was still called the church of San Bartolomeo, the name not yet having been changed to San Gerolamo. This was initially home to the Confraternity or “School” of San Bartolomeo (one of many which existed in Castano in centuries past), but in 1569, a local nobleman founded the Confraternity of San Gerolamo which soon swallowed up the other. The altarpiece of the Virgin with Saints Bartolomeo and Gerolamo dates back to the end of the 16th century; as commemorated by a little plaque which is still visible, the belfry, situated on the right-hand corner of the facade, was built in 1677. In 1772 restoration work was undertaken and a vaulted ceiling was built of brick rather than wooden planks. The church then assumed the appearance that it has now. In 1789 the Confraternity was dissolved by the Government and in 1792 the church passed to the parish of San Zenone. Some improvements were made in the 19th century. In the 1970s the church became the home of the local band Corpo musicale “Santa Cecilia”, but since 1997 it has returned to its original role as a place of worship and prayer.