Utente non Registrato

Church of San Giovanni Battista


The parish church of San Giovanni Battista dates back to the late 18th century although it was extended and transformed in 1901 (when the front of the church was rebuilt) and then restored once again at the end of the 20th century. Inside there are paintings by Camillo Procaccini and Simone Peterzano and two angels by Andrea Appiani beside a crucifix above the altar. The piazza outside is called 21st July in memory of a massacre by the Nazis and Republicans in 1944.