Church of San Pietro
The church of San Pietro, built in the Lombard period, is the first religious building in the Abbiategrasso area. It was rebuilt in 1700 by Francesco Croce, apart from the belfry which is still the original one. The building has the form of a Greek cross, meaning with both arms the same length, and has a magnificent high altar in the Neoclassical style built on a design by Luigi Cagnola. The organ dates back to 1821 and was built by the Bergamaschi brothers. There are also some 17th century paintings by Zoppo di Lugano.