Church of the Beata Vergine Assunta
A church has been situated on this site in the highest part of the town since the end of the 13th century. The current building dates back to 1936 when the 16th century building was demolished and it was built to the structural design of Maggi with artistic consultation from Carlo Bonomi. It is dedicated to the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin. It main feature is its stylistic continuity and unfortunately precious little remains of its past: two paintings in the left-hand aisle of Santa Felicita and Sant’Agata. When the painting of Santa Felicita was being cleaned the signature of the artist became visible: Melchiorre Gherardini (1607-1668), a student not to mention son-in-law of Cerano from whom he inherited the workshop thus earning himself the nickname Ceranino. In the right aisle there is an altarpiece of the Assumption. The most interesting sculpture in the church is the 17th century bust in polychrome wood of the Ecce Homo.