Hydroelectric Plant Angelo Bertini
A steep cobbled path leads from the ruins of Cascina Ricevitoria to the Hydroelectric Plant. It was named after Angelo Bertini and built by the Edison company between 1895 and 1898. When it went into operation it was one of the most powerful in Europe (13500 Volts) and definitely the one with the longest electricity transmission line (32 kilometres all the way to Milan). The building is a factory in the neoclassical style. The feed canal comes from the Naviglio di Paderno at Conchetta. It has been modernised and the power output increased and it is still managed by Edison.