The cemetery, built between 1904 and 1905, is dominated by the great mausoleum, the final resting place of the Crespi family. In the shape of a pyramid, it has three statues near the top which represent the three virtues: Faith, Hope and Charity. At the top of the stairway and inside the doorway there is a chapel decorated with a fine mosaic, an altar in the centre and doors on either side which lead to the lower floor where the sarcophagi of the Crespis lie. There is a Latin inscription above the bronze door of the chapel: Mors et vita duello conflixere mirando: mors mortua est (Death and life clashed in a dreadful duel: Death was defeated). On the outside, the mausoleum extends with a semicircular wall. On the lawn in front there are the cross-shaped cement headstones which the Crespi company provided for deceased workers free of charge. If somebody wanted a different kind of tomb at their own expense, these had to be located along the perimeter wall so as not to spoil the harmony of the mausoleum and graveyard. On either side of the wrought iron gate of the cemetery stands a concrete building: one was the mortuary, the other a storehouse for tools. The cemetery, like the rest of the town, is a protected national heritage site.