Ponte di Castano
The modern day stone bridge dates back to 1764 and was built to replace the old wooden one. On the other side of the bridge, on the left, there is the Mulino Nuovo, a mill that dates back to 1433, on the millrace of Lonate. Note the double feeder channel that moved the two mill wheels on the right bank and two on the left. It is estimated that there were 3000 mills in the Ticino Valley during the Middle Ages.