Sanctuary of the Madonna della Rocchetta
The church was built at the time construction began on the Duomo in Milan (1386) by the physicist Beltrando Cornatese. He summoned the hermit fathers of the religious order of Sant’Agostino to settle here. However they only occupied the place for a few decades because at the turn of the 16th century Filippo Maria Sforza transformed the rocky outcrop into a fortress, leaving the church intact. Today, the sanctuary has been restored and is used for religious functions.